Makhlama is one of Iraq’s most popular breakfast dishes. It’s super simple but incredibly delicious.
- Chicken sausage. Feel free to substitute with any protein of your choice.
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced.
- 6 eggs.
- Pinch of Salt, pepper, curry powder, and red chili flakes.
- Sauté the chicken sausage until golden brown. Remove from stove.
- In the same pan, sauté tomatoes.
- Add all spices.
- Add chicken sausage back in.
- Beat the eggs and pour over the sausage and tomatoes.
- Scramble everything.