What’s up Habibis?! Sorry it’s been a minute since I last posted a recipe. Been hella busy with work. You know I have a full time job so give me a break would you?
Lot’s of folks have asked for this recipe, and because I’m super nice, I was like “why not?!”
This a super easy, quick, and healthy meal that anyone can make. So let’s dive right in:
- 2 medium size chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 clove
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup of red bell pepper
- 1 cup of yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can of baby corn
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
Whip it up!
- Cook the brown rice first because it takes a while. In a medium size pot, add your brown rice, coconut milk, 1 cup of water, coconut flakes, cardamom, and clove.
- Bring everything to a boil, put the lid on, and turn the heat to medium low. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until all the liquid is gone. The cardamom and clove will make your place smell amazing!
- Cube up the chicken, and hit it with some salt, pepper, and red pepper action. Then transfer the chicken to a hot and oiled cast iron skillet and cook until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken into a bowl and drizzle the pan with olive oil.
- Add your vegetables in and cook until they lose all their water.
- Add your soy sauce, a pinch of red pepper flake, a pinch of black pepper, and stir all the veggies together.
- Then toss your chicken back in the skillet with all the veggies and mix everything together.
- Serve! I prefer adding the rice at the bottom of your plate/bowl then add the stir fry on top. But you can also just mix the rice together with everything.
If you enjoy this recipe, share it up!