Bacon wrapped prunes?! Yes please. Just take a second and stare at this photo.
When I posted this on Instagram, I said that I might have had 20 by accident. After much reflection, I can now say that it wasn’t an accident. They were just too damn delicious to stop eating them. Go ahead judge me. See if I care.
The best part about this snack is how easy it is to make. Here’s all you need:
- A pinch of black pepper
- Oven. No oven? Okay, a pan works too. No pan? I don’t why you’re here then.
Here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Wrap each prune with a half slice of bacon. Make as many as you want.
- Dust these bacon wrapped prunes with black pepper. No salt needed.
- Add everything to a baking sheet and toss in oven for about 15 minutes. Then, flip these bad boys and let the other side cook for 15 minutes. If the bacon is not crispy golden brown, put them back in. Just keep an eye on it If you’re using a pan, pre-heat it on medium high heat. Add the bacon-wrapped prunes in for about 5 -7 minutes per side. Then it’s up to you to decide how crispy you want the bacon.
That’s it! Turn your TV on to your favorite game, show, or movie and have fun snacking on these.